Monday, February 13, 2012

Introduction

Midget, dwarf, shrimp, shorty, elf..........I'm sure everyone has used those words to describe someone that isn't as tall as you.  I know.  I have too.  Well, up until several years ago, those words took on a whole new meaning.  I am so in tune to those descriptive words when I hear them now.  The term "midget" is now considered offensive and derogatory.  It is politically correct to refer to them as "little people."

My blog is going to take you on a journey in the life of a dwarf.  I will give you characteristics and stats on the most common form of dwarfism.  I will touch on kidney disease and in-home peritoneal dialysis that my mystery friend had to endure.   I will provide a detailed timeline of procedures and complications leading up to his kidney transplantation.  I will take you to the Hershey Medical Center to show many pictures of his time spent there after his kidney transplantation in 2009. 

My blog will also give a comparison to this young mans dwarfism, which has been undiagnosed at this time, with that of the most common form of dwarfism and other forms of dwarfism.  You will find that he is one of a kind.

Stay tuned to see who this miraculous young man is and what he means to me.  I will give you up to date information on how he is doing now and what his future holds.  I will provide the reader with several links to wonderful organizations that have helped this young man, such as, organ donation, Ronald McDonald House, Make a Wish Foundation, and Camp Kydnie.

I am hoping my blog gives you a better understanding of what it’s like “Livin’ Life Little.”

http://rarediseases.about.com/od/dwarfism/f/dwarfismtypes.htm

2 comments:

  1. Kendra, I think it is awesome that you are so involved in Cruz's life and so supportive, you're an awesome aunt! It is a shame that this disease has effected him however, it is amazing that he goes on with life and enjoys every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog overall. I can feel the passion you have for this subject by the way you word your entries. Hope he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete